Thursday, December 4, 2008



I have to tell you that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Christmas. Brad would say it's because I have an excuse to go shopping, but I would say that's not the only reason. I love the lights, the music, the trees, I even love wrapping paper. Something about red and green and silver and sometimes, depending on how it is used, blue.


In our family I am the one dragging out the Christmas tree and setting it up the day after Thanksgiving. For the last two or three years I have been bugging Brad about getting a newer, bigger tree. One that has lots a bushy branches. I got the okay this year but when got to looking there wasn't anything out there that I really liked. I have in my head the picture of a perfect tree and nothing out there matched. Brad suggested that we try a real tree instead, and for some reason I got really excited. I went looking with the kids at a place called North Pole Trees. They found one, and I agreed that it was a great looking tree. We brought it home and set it up, and I am hoping that it will last until Christmas with some green branches left. But I have to say, I LOVE the smell!

3 comments:

Christina said...

I love your tree! It's beautiful! We don't have a tree up yet, I better get on that!

Becky's Place said...

Beautiful tree!!!

Beck said...

So cute! I love the smell of new trees too :) I missed you today. We will have to go shopping another time without kids. It was wonderful!